Monday, July 9, 2012

Creative Sunday

This really surprised me myself that I was so rearing to go for some creativity after a very long shift at work. I hit my my local Walmart for some crafting supplies(ribbon, fabric, etc.) and instantly a whole lot of ideas popped into my head in the Fabric/Craft section. Here are a few of the things that I made yesterday. (:

 I made this glass for my boyfriend's mother, Traci ^^, because we're always having some sort of drink together out on her patio since the weather is now acting like it might be nice to enjoy.

I picked up the margarita glass at Walmart for $1.97 and took a paint pen($1.98) to write her name. I then added self stick bling($.97 for a pack!) to add a little sparkle to the mix. I think it turned out cute! And yesterday when we had strawberry margaritas she had a glass to drink it out of!
 Even though I've only been living in my apartment a year, I'm still working on the decorating process of it. I define my style using the term French-shabby-chique. This term mainly means that I use a lot of French inspired pieces with a shabby-chique twist to them.

I am absolutely in love with the Fleur delis sign, I probably have it around my apartment in ten different places!

For my little door sign, I took the lid of a cheese crate I got from work and spray painted it white. I then took stencils and drew on the Fleur delis signs along with my boyfriend's last name and the french word for bedroom. "Chambre". I think it turned out really cute(even if the last word is a bit off center :/)
 This project is more for my breaking into The Shabby Nest business with Traci. Though instead of me doing the big furniture pieces, I will be working on the smaller goods(lamp-shades, etc.)

<----I made this planter out of the bottom piece of the cheese crate and spray painted it white before stenciling/paint markering a famous quote from "The Secret Garden" I think it turned out really cute!

Finally the last piece I worked on Sunday(which it looks like I was quite busy with the whole crafting aspect of my day xD) was redoing a lamp shade that I had in my living room.  Before it was a simple white lamp shade that came with the lamp that we had bought for the apartment. I covered it in burlap(my latest design love) and trimmed it up with ivory colored, flowery-ruffle ribbon. I'm not sure if my boyfriend likes it, but...he'll get used to it. I think this one turned out super cute, though I'm not sure if I should add a Fleur delis sign to it or not...would that be too much?
That was my Sunday! (: Plus I plan to do more crafty sort of things on my day off(Tuesday) so I'll be posting soon.
~Stay Beautiful!
Cait

No comments:

Post a Comment