Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Crafting with Cait

So I've been working with my "unofficial" mother-in-law(shabbygalsnest) on a few projects during my spare time. This one I saw on another blog and I had to try for myself!

I really should of done before and after pictures, but I really didn't think I would be blogging about this until last minutes. (: It was a pretty easy project to do and I think it turned out really super-cute. What do you think?

All it was was an old suitcase that I got from Salvation Army up in Desmoines, Iowa that I spray painted blue and modpodged a pretty patterned tissue paper to.
I got a table leg kit from Menard's and screwed them onto the bottom of the suitcase(after my boyfriend kindly cut out a piece of ply-wood for me to make it sturdier on the bottom of the suitcase table.
I had to end up taking some of the patterned tissue paper and modpodge it inside due to us having to tear out the liner on the bottom of the suitcase. I then took some padding that Traci had and covered over with drop-cloth to hide the plywood.


I think it turned out really cute! Too bad I don't have enough room in my apartment to keep this little number! :/





Stay Beautiful!
~Cait<3

No comments:

Post a Comment